A review article in Nano Today entitled ‘Extra- and intra-cellular fate of nanocarriers under dynamic interactions with biology’, provides insight into how the nanoparticles can journey along the biological barriers in extra and intracellular space with specific mechanisms, and how to design new nanoparticles for delivery purpose.
NRF grants successfully funded for:
Dr.Singh RK : Self-fluorescent and multi-imaging silica-based composite nanoparticles for cancer theranostics (2017-2020)
Dr.KimTH : Anti-inflammatory nanoparticles with drug and gene delivery capacity (2016-2019)
Dr.S Prakash Parthiban: Engineered fibrillar microenvironment to probe cell polarity under three dimensional conditions (2016-2019)
Microspheres developed to release silicate ions demonstrated excellent angiogenic effects in vitro and in vivo, suggesting the potential implication of silicate ions in stimulating angiogenesis. Moreover, the silicate ions synergize with VEGF, evidenced by the co-delivery approach. This research was published in Biomaterials, by Dashnyam K et al.
ITREN PhD Course Application Guide
3. Start of date
석/박사 대학원생 지원 가이드라인
We offer a position of 'Research Professorship' and 'Post-doc fellowship' for those who are passionate and eager to work at ITREN.
Let's make together something difference and amazing things happen with you.
1) Research Professors
2) Post-doctoral Fellows
2. Field of Research and Specialization
1) Cell reprogramming
2) Biomaterial synthesis (synthetic hydrogel, etc.)
3) Protein engineering
4) Neural cells, stem cells
5) Animal studies (neuro-muscular-skeletal system)
6) Any research area related with biomaterials, cell engineering
• Feel free to contact us with any inquiry
• Salary (30,000$~50,000$/year) depending on his/her ability and experiences
• Project incentives (~1,000$~3,000S, depending on published papers and government research grants)
• International collaborative researches with Columbia, UPenn, UCL, Sydney Univ.
4) 전문연구요원 (자체 TO 보유, 병무청 허가 기관)
2) 생체재료합성 (하이드로젤, 고분자 등)
3) 신경세포, 줄기세포 연구
4) 동물실험 (신경, 근육 재생 중심)
5) 기타 세포공학, 생체물리 등
• CV (논문 목록), 자기소개서, 연구계획을 이메일로 송부
• 연봉 3천~5천 (세전), 경험과 능력에 따라 계약
• 인센티브 (논문 및 연구비 수주에 따라, 약 1백~5백만)
• 과제내용에 따라 해외파견 근무 (Columbia, Uppen, UCL, Syndy 등)
Researchers Jung-Hwan Lee and Banani Kundu were selected for a National Project. Each one got 50M won/year up to 3 years.
Jung-Hwan Lee proposed the development of bioactive glass nanoparticle incorporated dental materials for dentin regeneration.
Banani proposed the development of a customized drug screening three-dimensional platform to treat metastatic neuroblastoma.
Internship and collaborative research under professor Ivan Wall in UCL Biochemical Engineering.
Main project is doing an experimentation on an injectable hydrogel for enhanced Olfactory Ensheathing Cells (hOECs) delivery for the nerve tissue regeneration.
OECs interaction with neurons and astrocytes with behavior characterization with the use of different hydrogels.